The Vidalli family has been producing wine for over a century, in fact it was the head of the family Pietro, Gianni’s grandfather, who was the first to dedicate himself to the wine culture in the early 1900s. Gianni’s father, Egidio, carried on this passion in the cultivation of vines, and in the 90s Gianni expanded his agricultural activity by building the winery.
As local tradition, wine production has focused and specialized on Prosecco.
In our cellar we produce three different types of wine: Prosecco DOC Treviso, in the Extra Dry Millesimato sparkling version, sparkling white wine and wine “col fondo”.
Four grape varieties mainly contribute to the composition of Prosecco: Glera, Bianchetta Trevigiana, Perera and Verdiso.
The production disciplinary provides that the Prosecco is produced with at least 85% of Glera grapes, the remaining 15% can be completed with the grapes of the vines granted, in this way each winery can create its own “Cuvèe”, that is its own perfect recipe to make its wine unique.
Our Prosecco DOC is produced with grapes grown in our vineyards located in the territory of Vidor and on Montello. Our sparkling wine is produced with the Martinotti Method, that is the second fermentation in an autoclave, a process that differs from the Classic Champenoise Method with which Champagne or Franciacorta are produced, for example, where the sparkling process takes place directly in the bottle. This difference allows Prosecco Spumante to be a fresher and more delicate wine, maintaining all the characteristic aromas of the grape such as the classic ones of white flowers, peach, apricot and pear. Prosecco Spumante can be produced in the Brut, Extra Dry and Dry versions, which are distinguished by the quantity of sugars inside. Our sparkling wine is a Prosecco DOC Extra Dry Millesimato, which is characterized by the right balance between sweetness and dryness, and is perfect as an aperitif in combination with our "sopressa" or the typical "Venetian cicchetti".
In addition to sparkling wine, we also produce a sparkling white wine, always based on Glera grapes, ideal for any meal.
A special mention deserves the "Vin col fondo", typical of the local peasant tradition, consists in fermenting the wine directly in the bottle (as in the classic method), letting the yeasts settle on the bottom of the bottle and are therefore not eliminated. This technique is the testimony of how wine was produced once upon a time, when there were still no technologies of the present, and farmers produced wine for their family at home.
Phone +39 3489125647
Upon reservation we organize guided tours of the winery and tastings. Fill out the form below or call us at the indicated phone number.